Purpose: provide teams with useful feedback on the health of the overall system and key trends. The cycle times, on the Y axis, show how long a piece of work has taken to go across the 'in progress' states. Teams can identify outliers and use these as an input into team retrospectives or other root cause analysis.
- Narrow the search with the various parameters indicated
- Select the date range
- Decide on a rolling mean or median and the interval (days)
- Choose the 'In Progress' states
- Choose the Percentile lines - showing what proportion of the items have a cycle time of less than say 85%
- Show/Hide rolling mean/median
- Show/hide the table of parameters used to create the chart
Understanding the chart
Scatter plots commonly use a linear scale on the Y Axis.
Alternatively, data might be easier to see using the logarithmic scale.
You can also clearly see the 85% percentile line and the rolling (15 day) median line
Details on each item
You can see the exact cycle time by hovering over the blob in the chart